Social Media Usage for Church Recruitment and Engagement
Social media usage has exploded. In the advertising business, we say, “follow the eyeballs.” In other words, place your messaging in the channel where people are consuming their media. More and more, people are reading the news, interacting with brands, obtaining product recommendations from friends and finding information through social media. But the benefits of social media go far beyond the number of users. It is also about relationship building in a way that is only possible in the dynamic, interactive social media environment. This webinar will address the unique requirements of developing a social media program in the context of church member recruitment and engagement.
This webinar will introduce you to the most common social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc) and their applications for churches. Participants will review the components required to build a comprehensive social media program including channel analysis, messaging development targeting church congregations and potential members, program and operational management, reporting and performance evaluation. This webinar is designed for church administration and recruitment staff who would like to learn more about social media management or build their own program.
- Overview of the social media universe
- The power of audience engagement and relationship building through social media
- Millennial views of their place in the world
- Techniques for developing content that will engage potential church members as well as support relationships
- Designing social media messaging by channel and audience
- Designing a content development and approval process, with operational controls
- Advertising options in order to gain momentum and boost performance
- Social media risk management
- Social media management tools
- Analytic and reporting tools for measuring performance
- Staffing requirements and the outsourcing option
Kyrris President Kevin Ketels has spent 18 years working in marketing management at Fortune 50 companies and his own consulting practice. He has spoken at more than a dozen conferences on the topic of marketing and social media usage. Kevin is also an Adjunct Professor of Marketing at Wayne State University.
John Gardner, Director of Membership Engagement, has more than eleven years of experience working both locally and internationally as a youth minister, specializing in millennial engagement.
Ideal participant: church administration, church recruitment staff, ministers or pastors, church marketing professionals
Skill level: Introductory/Intermediate
Length: 1.5 hours
Monday, April 25, 2016, 1 pm - 2:30 pm ET
For questions or technical support, feel free to email our webinar program manager Chelsea Kelly at [email protected], or call 248-515-4082.